– US trade statistics report 236 million kilograms (519 million
pounds) of tea imports per year.
– 646,575 kilograms (1.42 million pounds) of tea is consumed
per day in the United States.
– Five out of six North Americans drink tea.
– The average North American consumes one cup of tea per day.
– The average North American consumes 800 grams (1.76 pounds)
of tea each year.
– American tea industry wholesale purchases increased 130%
from $2 billion annually a decade ago to more than $4.6 billion in
– Tea consumption generates approximately $150 million in sales
each year in Canada.
– Tea consumption will continue to increase as health-conscious
consumers choose tea for its medicinal benefits.
– Tea is a rich source of antioxidants and flavanoids which
are scientifically proven to aid in the prevention of heart disease
– The antioxidants in two cups of black tea are equivalent
to the antioxidants in one glass of red wine, seven glasses of orange
juice, or 20 glasses of apple juice.
History of Tea
Tea and Health